Apex Legends Season 8 includes one final occasion left in its Battle Pass, and it’s called War Games. The two-week celebration features five previously unseen LTMs, fresh skins plus a decoration track with an adequate assortment of free rewards. The information arrives courtesy of Respawn’s latest official website post.
Since the LTMs are more or less the star of this series in War Games, here is a brief program of those modes players may expect to see from April 13 through April 27. It doesn’t appear these modes will require over regular battle royale playlists–but that may change by the time that the event is still live.
- [April 13-15] Second Chance: Each Legend gets one free respawn per match when retaining all their accumulated loot.
- April 15-19] Ultra Zones: In this mode there are multiple Hot Zones on the map, and each Hot Zone has a healing Flash Point within it.
- [April 19-21] Auto Banners: Your squadmates’ respawn banners are automatically recovered within this mode.
- [April 21-23] Killing Time: The round time is reduced whenever a Legend dies.
- [April 23-27] Armor Regen: In the last LTM, your armor will automatically regenerate at a speed of 12 points per second with an eight-second delay when taking damage. The delay doubles to 16 seconds if your system is cracked.
But playing through the modes is only part of their fun, since there’s also a decoration track with as much as 1,000 points to make daily. Highlight cosmetics include Epic Rampart and 30-30 skins, as well as five complimentary tiers for the Season 8 Battle Pass.
And as for the more premium skins, you can expect to see new looks for Pathfinder, Wraith, Lifeline, Gibraltar, Mirage and Bloodhound. Below is a look at the newest designs for Pathfinder, Wraith and Bloodhound.
In short, the Apex Legends War Games event is almost exactly as the one leakers envisioned almost 1 month ago. Mad Maggie tries to disrupt the Apex Games by introducing a bevy of new ways for players to survive, but these unexpected challenges seem far more fun than troublesome. Especially as we look forward to Season 9, this seems like a unique way to discount Fuse’s Battle Pass debut. Thinking ahead to what comes next, Respawn has hinted that players will notice a lot more Titanfall sway in the sport in the coming weeks. Are mechs finally going to drop in the action?
Apex Legends is available today on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.
What are the thoughts on the War Games event? Are you going to be attempting those five LTMs? Tell us in the comments section!